打电话
外宾: Sorry to disturb you! 很抱歉打扰您。
市民: No problem. 没问题。
外宾: Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
市民: Yes, a little. 会一点儿。
外宾: Can you make a call for me? 你可以帮我打个电话吗?
市民: All right. 好吧。
外宾: Excuse me! 劳驾!
市民: What is it? 什么事?
外宾: Can you make a phone call for me? 你可以帮我打个电话吗?
市民: All right. 好吧。
外宾: Here’s the number and the person’s name. 这是电话号码和人名。
市民: What do you want to say to him? 你想对他说什么?
外宾: Tell him I’ll be there at 7:00 pm. 告诉他我晚上7点到。
市民: OK. 好的。
John: Hello? Can I speak to Mr. Smith? 喂?能请史密斯先生听电话吗?
Girl: I'm sorry, but he's out now. May I take a message? 抱歉,他现在不在。要我传话吗?
John: Yes. This is John Brown. I'd like to meet him next Monday morning around 10 o'clock. 好的。我是约翰布朗。下星期一早上十点左右我想跟他见个面。
Girl: Let me check his schedule... Yes, I think he can see you. But could you call again around five to make sure? 我来查查他的时间表... 可以,我想他可以见你。不过,五点左右你可以再打电话来确定一下吗?
John: OK,thank you very much. 好的,非常感谢你。
Girl: You are welcome. 不用谢。
1
怎样安慰失望的情绪
Don't take it to heart. You'll do better next time.
别往心里去,下次你会做得更好的。
Take it easy. There must be some ways to compensate for it.
轻松一点,一定会有补偿的办法的。
Don't be so upset. Everything will be OK.
别这么发愁了,一切都会好起来的。
It's really hard for you.
真难为你了!
It won't happen again.
不会再发生了。
Just forget it. Be a man!
忘了它吧,象个男子汉!
怎样表示人物
He is a big wig.
他是一个大人物。
I can't believe I've lost the game! --- Be a good sport.
想不到那场比赛我输了。 ―― 有点风度吧!
He is a hen-pecked husband.
他是个妻管严。
She is a wet blanket.
她使人扫兴。
He is a yes-man.
他是个和事佬。
怎样表示人的品质
Why did you bully him everyday? You've gone too far.
你为什么每天欺负他?你太过分了。
Why do you pick on your brother?
你为什么作弄你的弟弟?
He is all talk but no action.
他只有空谈没有行动。
He is very cheap.
他很小气。
He is generous.
他大方。
谈论交通
He got a ticket yesterday.
他得到一张处罚单。
You ran a red light.
你闯红灯了。
You nearly ran into the bus.
你差点撞上那辆公共汽车。
It's rush hour now. Let's take a taxi.
现在是高峰期,坐出租车吧。
There are traffic jams everywhere.
到处都塞车。
谈论健康
I've got a headache and a fever, my nose won't stop running, everything hurts.
我头痛、发烧、流鼻涕,浑身疼。
Many people are breaking down these days due to working stress.
许多人因为工作压力而垮了。
I've gained much weight recently. I have to go on a diet.
最近胖了许多,我得节食了。
You gave me your cold.
你把感冒传给我了。
You are in a good shape.
你身体非常健康。
怎样提建议
If I were you, I would not smoke.
我要是你的话,就不抽烟。
What can you make a person happy, in your opinion?
在你看来什么可以使一个人幸福呢?
What about reading loudly for half an hour everyday?
天天大声朗读三十分钟怎么样?
What do you think of Helen?
你认为Helen怎么样?
Would it be a good idea to tell him the truth? 把实情告诉他不好吗?
怎样反驳
I think I am going to die. --- Don't be silly.
我想我快要死了。- 别傻了。
Will you see me again? No, definitely not.
你还会再见我吗?绝对不会。
Wow! Your English is good. -No big deal.
哇!你的英语真好。- 没什么了不起的。
It's not as bad as it seems.
不是看起来那么糟。
I'm against it.
我反对。
怎样抱怨
Oh, no! Pork again? I'm fed up with it. Can't we have a decent meal?
噢,又吃猪肉?我已经厌倦了。我们能不能吃一顿像样的饭吗?
Shopping again? Oh, I've had enough.
以要购物?我已经受够了。
Why do you pinch your nose? I just can't stand the odor. It stinks.
你为什么捏着鼻子?我简直受不了这气味,臭死了。
Today is not my day. I lost my wallet.
今天真倒霉,把钱包弄丢了。
What luck! We've run out of gas.
真倒霉! 汽油用光了。
关于健康的对话
Two colleagues, Bill and Mary, are having lunch in their office cafeteria.
比尔和玛丽是同事,他们正在公司的自助餐厅吃午餐。
Mary: I can't believe my eyes, Bill. Are you having a salad for lunch? No
hamburger?
玛丽:比尔,我真不敢相信我的眼睛。你午餐只吃沙拉?不吃汉堡?
Bill:Get used to it, Mary. I'm off burgers for good. Most fast food is loaded with sodium.
比尔:玛丽,你得开始习惯喽。我已经决定永远不吃汉堡了。大部分快餐,钠的含量都很高。
Mary: I know. But why your sudden interest in lessening your salt intake?
玛丽:这我知道。但你为什么突然想减少盐的摄取量?
Bill:My doctor says I should cut back on sodium-rich foods to lower my blood pressure.
比尔:医生说我必须少吃高钠盐的食物以降低血压。
Mary: Do you have hypertension? I would have thought you were too young. 玛丽:你有高血压?你还这么年轻。
Bill:Actually, my blood pressure isn't that high yet, but they say it increases with age.
比尔:事实上我的血压也没有那么高,但据说血压会随年龄的增长而增高。
Mary: Well, I'm glad you're starting to pay more attention to your diet.
玛丽:啊,真高兴看到你开始比较注意饮食了。
Bill:I want to lower my risk of heart attack and stroke, too.
比尔:我也想降低得心脏病和中风的危险。
Mary: So do I. That's why I've been trying to lower my cholesterol level.
玛丽:我也是,这就是为什么我一直想降低胆固醇指数的原因。
Bill:I've noticed you've been munching4 away on lots of fruits and vegetables recently.
比尔:我注意到你最近大吃蔬菜水果。
Mary: That's right. I could stand to lose a few pounds, too.
玛莉:没错。这样我还可以减掉几磅。
Bill:In that case, you should come to my health club with me.
比尔:既然如此,你应该跟我一起去健身俱乐部。
Mary: You've joined a health club? I would never have dreamed that you'd take something like this so seriously.
玛丽:你参加健身俱乐部了?我做梦也没想到你会这样认真对待一件事。
Bill:So, how about it? Can you tear yourself away from the TV tonight? 比尔:怎么样?你舍得不看今晚的电视吗?
Mary: Why not? If you can break your unhealthy eating habits, I can surely break a sweat.
玛丽:为什么不呢?你都可以改正不良饮食习惯,我流点汗又何妨?
超市购物
How much is it?
多少钱
Do you do discount at all?
你们打折么?
May i have a bag?
我可以要一个袋子么?
Are the bags chareable?
袋子要付钱么?
How much are the bags?
袋子多少钱一个?
Thank you!
谢谢!
Do you need a bag?
你要袋子么?
Yes, please。
要的。
No, thanks。
不用了,谢谢。
Any Cash Back?
需要提钱么?(国外大超市都可以在付款的时候提少量的现金)
Can I have 20pounds cash back?
我可以提20镑现金么?
(当购买烟,酒等制定买个一定年龄以上人士的物品时)
May I see your ID?
我可以看你的身份证么?
Do you have any ID with you?
你有没有身份证?
Do you have anything with your age on?
你有没有什么印有你生日的东西?
Passport? Student Card? Driving licence?
护照?学生证?驾驶证?
(当使用信用卡的时候)
Sorry, this card dosen't go through.
对不起,这张卡不能用。
Try this one。
试一试这张。
Never mind, I will pay by cash。
没关系,我付现金。
Dose it say why? 系统显示任何原因么?
If you just sign for me here.
请在这里签名。
(其他) Have a nice day!
祝你有愉快的一天!
简单日常对话
Hi, Sweetie! 嗨, Sweetie!
Hi, Winni! What's up? 嗨, Winni! 怎么了?
Nothing special, hey, you changed hairstyle! 没什么特别的啦,喂,你换了发型啊?
How do you feel? 你觉得怎么样?
That looks great! 看起来很不错!
Thank you. 谢谢
Where did you have your hair waved? 你在哪烫的头发啊?
It is a beatuty salon near my home, My mother took me there last Satdurday. There are also many stores nearby. 在我家附近的一家美发沙龙弄的,上周六我妈带我去的。那附近还有很多商店。
Did you buy something? 你买了什么吗?
Yes, my monther brought me a new school bag, it is very cute. 我妈给我买了个新书包,好可爱的!
Can I have a look? 能给我看看吗?
Sure, look, here it is. 当然了,看,就是这个。
Wow.... it is so nice, I will ask my mother to buy me one as well! 哇,好漂亮啊。我也要让我妈给我买一个!
Hey, time's up! Let;s hurry to school! 喂,快到点啦,赶紧去学校吧!
OK! Let's go! 好,走!
关于广告的对话
In this conversation, Tanya Nichols, the owner of an ice cream manufacturing company, is talking with her marketing manager, Carla Hutchison, about the advertising campaign for the company‘s new ice-cream sandwich.
Tanya: Good morning, Carla. How are you today?
Carla: I‘m doing fine. How about you?
Tanya: Great, thanks. So, what‘s the status of our advertising campaign?
Carla: As I mentioned before, it‘ll be a national campaign starting next month. We’ve decided to use a variety of media for full coverage. First, we‘ll have 30-second spots on television once a day for 3 weeks.At the same time, we’ll do 15-second radio commercials 3 times a day in selected cities with large populations. Finally, we‘ll have some outdoor ads using billboards near main
entrances to big cities.
Tanya: What style will the ads use?
Carla: We‘re focusing on slice of life, showing how you can beat the summer heat by biting into a cool ice-cream sandwich. There’ll be some reason why thrown in to hype our choice of flavors and show everyone they‘re not stuck with just vanilla.
Tanya: Sounds like an ideal approach. Will we have a new slogan?
Carla: Definitely. The advertising agency‘s working onthat right now. They’ll have some proposals ready by the end of the week.
Tanya: Sounds like we‘ll have a winner on our hands!
中文:
在这个对话中,Tanya Nichols是一家冰淇淋生产公司的老板,她正在和她的市场部经理Carla Hutchison就公司新的冰淇淋三明治的广告宣传活动谈话。
Tanya: 早上好,Carla.你今天过得怎么样?
Carla: 我很好,你呢?
Tanya: 很好,谢谢。我们公司的广告宣传作得怎么样了?
Carla: 正如我以前所提到的,我们下个月开始的宣传活动,是全国范围内的。我们已经决定利用各种媒体做全面宣传。首先,我们在电视上做持续三个礼拜的广告,每天一次,时间为30秒钟传。同时,我们还会在被选中的人口较多的城市的电台广播中宣传,每天三次,每次时间为15秒。最后,我们还会有一些户外宣传活动,在 大城市的主要入口处,树立广告牌。
Tanya: 那么采取什么样的风格呢?
Carla: 我们将把焦点放在日常生活方面,告诉你只要吃一个冰淇淋三明治,就能消除夏日炎热。我们还会通过对多样性口味选择的宣传,告诉大家推荐我们公司产品的原因,香草并不是惟一的口味。
Tanya: 似乎是个完美的方案。我们会有新的口号吗?
Carla: 当然,广告代理商正在设计呢。这个周末会出台一些新的策划。
Tanya: 听起来我们将会成为一个大赢家!
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容